- Report to Finance Manager
- Handle full spectrum of AR & AP functions
- Assist FM to ensure accurate and timely completion of all monthly / quarterly financial and management and annual reports
- Assist FM in Forecasts and Budgeting
- Maintain monthly balance sheet schedules after closing
- Manage data entries and update accounting records on timely basis and accurately
- Ensure all the financial data adhere to Accounting Standard, rules & regulations, policy & procedures
- Propose operational excellence practice on transactional processes
- Take the initiative to work with other departments to deliver timely and informative reports
- Continuous monitoring and improvement of the process of collections
- Prepare and monitor AR & AP ageing reports to ensure healthy aging on monthly basis
- Follow up with customers on outstanding payments via regular phone calls, email reminders and resolve issues with pending invoices by providing sufficient proofs/documents to satisfy customer’s requirements
- Reconcile customer’s outstanding payments, resolve payment discrepancies & billing disputes
- Issue reminder letters/legal letters to customers and liaise with lawyer whenever necessary
- Process supplier payments/employee’s claims and ensure relevant approvals in place before processing payment
- Identify, contribute ideas and highlight areas for process improvements
- Attend to any ad hoc tasks/analysis requested by the Management from time to time
- Degree in Accounting / finance and / or partial professional qualifications (ACCA or equivalent).
- Preferably with 2 to 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Familiar with Malaysia’s accounting Standards and other relevant accounting and regulatory requirement.
- Proficient in data entry and system management.
- Possess Goods & Services Tax (GST) knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and exposure to general accounting applications.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Initiative, possessed good communication skills, analytical skills and can-do attitude.
- Team player, meticulous, able to work under pressure and committed to meeting tight deadlines and objectives.
- Honest, high level of integrity and result oriented.
- Applicants must be Malaysia Citizen or hold relevant residence status.