Business Development Manager
Are you a person who is looking for challenges in Business Development?
Interested in news and current affairs?
A strong relationship builder with good business judgement?
Isentia is looking for a Business Development Manager in our Shanghai office. If your answers to these questions is YES, we want to hear from you!
Who you are?
- You are positive, pro-active and passionate about delivering and exceptional service
- You have in-depth knowledge and understanding of PR and media Industry
- You have a can-do positive attitude
- You have excellent communication skills, demonstrating the ability to communicate between internal stakeholder and company's clients
What will you be responsible for?
- Execute tactical plans to meet and exceed revenue growth.
- Maintain a healthy sales pipeline at all times by continually engaging new clients.
- Conduct sales presentations and carry out meetings with clients.
- Prepare and present written proposals and price quotations,ensuring all products and services are given equal sales attention.
- Close deals at appropriate price levels and complete all accreditation requirements imposed by the clients before handing over to the account management team.
- Actively participate in all internal trainings, new product briefing and testing as and when necessary, and communicate effective and constructive feedback to relevant internal stakeholders.
- Maintain high standards in terms of personal sales discipline, work ethic and professionalism.
- Degree in media, communications, advertising, marketing or business.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in sales, preferably in a B2B environment; possess a positive and determined approach to researching and analysing new business opportunities.
- Corporate sales experience and knowledge of the market, current media issues, competitor behavior and strategy. Exposure to the PR and Advertising industries is deemed desirable.
- Proven capability in hands-on problem solving, with the ability to generate ideas and solutions; self-motivated and result driven; a genuine interest in mass information and current events.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Eager, tenacious, articulate, diplomatic, high energy, competitive and driven.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Chinese.
Who are we and what else do you need to know?
Isentia is the Asia-Pacific region's leading media intelligence company, providing clients the tools and insight to discover and highlight what's happened for them and what can shape their future in the media landscape
Our 1,100+ employees across 15 countries filter information from over 10,000 print, radio and television media outlets and over 250 million online conversations per month. We provide over 6,000 clients with information, analysis 24/7/365.
Our services help drive smarter decisions by enabling clients to make sense of the issues that drive the traditional and social media agenda, manage media relationships effectively, track and analyse issues of interest across all media.
We offer an opportunity to work with a great team of talented, innovative and passionate people across the Asia-Pacific and access to our innovative search technology, comprehensive coverage and expert research. We also offer competitive salary and a heap of benefits like discounted private health insurance, free fruit at work, free flu shots and great social events.
Check us out
The Isentia story
If media matters to you, our Isentia blog is a must read.