Head of Government Business
- Manage client relationships for federal and state government departments.
- Drive revenue retention for all major government contracts
- Lead and coach account management teams to drive revenue growth across federal and state government client portfolios
Isentia is the Asia Pacific’s leading media intelligence and insights company providing services to the world’s biggest brands and organisations. Powered by cutting-edge technology and a team of world class experts, our mission is to help businesses leap-forward where only genuine insight can take them.
We’re growing in Australia, New Zealand and across Asia, and we are seeking a talented individual to be our Head of Government Business, based in our Canberra office.
Working closely with our Executive Leadership Team, Head of Business Development and Client Solutions Teams, Marketing, Product and IT departments, you will be responsible for the successful growth of Isentia’s business with federal and state government departments and agencies. You will collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure exceptional customer service levels are appropriately set for each segment and that they are achieved and maintained, resulting in continued relationships for our Isentia
As a successful Head of Government Business what will you do?
- You will develop relationships with communications professionals at all levels of Government in Australia, understanding the in-depth needs for media intelligence, research and insights
- You will develop sales strategies and campaigns to drive revenue retention and growth across government business
- Collaborate, design and develop a high calibre tender strategy for federal and state government procurement processes
- Act as an effective ambassador for the company – speaking at conferences, events and driving thought leadership across media channels
- Implement and manage mapping of priority accounts to drive high client satisfaction and progress high value opportunities with teams of Client Solutions Directors
- Lead a multi-faceted approach to sales by involving specialists within Isentia to build and propose solutions for clients.
- Actively seek and communicate market intelligence back to the business.
- Ensure Salesforce is utilised with best-practice procedures and processes, and is used to improve the sales process for the Australian business
- Manage and coach account management teams toward high engagement
- Facilitate regular team meetings, encouraging a positive environment, recognising achievements, sharing knowledge, and providing training for sales strategies and professional development
Who are you?
- You have experience, working with government stakeholders at the highest level of Federal and State Government
- You will preferably have experience working with communications and understand public affairs and communications as it pertains to effective public sector management
- You have in-depth understanding of traditional and social media networks
- A proven problem-solver with the ability to generate ideas and solutions
- You are a confident negotiator who has a track record of closing deals
- Organised, with excellent time management skills
- You remain calm and able to work under pressure; patience and persistency are your key qualities
- You are experienced and knowledgeable in the media sales market with an understanding of current media issues, competitor behaviours and strategy
- A strong leader with an emphasis on coaching to high performance
- You have strong knowledge and experience of CRM software and associated tools for client and sales management.
Who are we and what else do you need to know?
Isentia is the Asia-Pacific region's leading media intelligence company; we're a client-centric organisation where you can really add value to our clients' businesses. Our clients are diverse, ranging from globally renowned brands right through to start-ups and not for profit organisations.
We provide our team members with constructive feedback to foster their career growth, and you will have many opportunities to work with fun and talented people. We also have an open and inclusive culture where we embrace opportunities to do better and we celebrate achievements wildly.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated at providing a working environment which embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application.
We offer an opportunity to work with a great team of talented, innovative and passionate people across the Asia-Pacific and access to our innovative search technology, comprehensive coverage and expert research. We also offer competitive salary and a heap of benefits like discounted private health insurance, free fruit at work, free flu shots and great social events.
If you are interested in joining this dynamic organisation in a key role, then please apply now.