Senior Media Analyst
- Passionate about news and current affairs in a fast-moving media environment?
- Want to work in a highly motivated and globally awarded Insights team?
- Enjoy making sense of complex issues?
Isentia is looking for a full-time Senior Media Analyst to join our Insights team in Sydney. Our Senior Media Analysts are responsible for managing and creating customised insights reports that help our clients understand the impact and value of their media profile. They also take leadership in conceiving projects which upskill the entire team and contribute to the development of our products. We are passionate about bringing the right people into our team, so here’s some more information about Isentia, the position and who we are looking for.
If you worked as a Senior Media Analyst, what would you have done last week?
- Worked closely with our clients to understand what they need to know to make great business decisions.
- Buried your head in tons of data to work out what approach will best answer a client’s question in a coherent and relevant way.
- Written coherent, engaging and relevant reports that answer questions about media that really matter to our clients.
- Presented a report to a client and brainstormed some new ideas that could help make their measurement even better.
- Met a new client, found out their key questions and strategy, and designed a project that will blow them away.
- Finished the week knowing you’ve smashed your deadlines for many different projects dealing with a diverse client base.
- Worked on various projects aimed at upskilling and contributing to the development of the Insights team and its products.
- Most importantly, you would have taken great pride in knowing you’ve played a critical role for our clients and Isentia.
Who are you?
- You are genuinely interested in current affairs and can hold your own in a discussion about the news and the shifting media landscape. You also recognise the pivotal role of social media.
- Analytical and detail-focused by nature. You can answer complicated business questions with compelling insights solutions by analysing and combining various data sets extracted from multiple platforms.
- Can prepare timely and concise reports utilising strong written, data visualisation and presentation skills, which speak to the client and influence their attitude.
- Display top-notch project management skills and can easily liaise with a range of stakeholders to get the job done.
- You want to be part of a strong-performing and globally awarded team working on high value products and services.
- You like working on your own, but also thrive on taking the initiative and leading team projects, and enjoy sharing your skills and experience.
- You have at least three years of data, research and insights-related experience in a B2B environment, preferably related to the media industry.
- You will have advanced MS Office suite skills, experience with in-house databases, and exposure to Tableau and SQL.
- Educated to bachelor’s degree-level or above.
Who are we and what else do we offer?
Isentia is the Asia-Pacific region's leading media intelligence company, providing clients the tools and insight to discover and highlight what's happened for them and what can shape their future in the media landscape.
Our 1,100 + employees across 15 countries filter information from over 10,000 print, radio and television media outlets and over 250 million online conversations per month. We provide over 6,000 clients with information, analysis 24/7/365.
Our services help drive smarter decisions by enabling clients to make sense of the issues that drive the traditional and social media agenda, manage media relationships effectively, track and analyse issues of interest across all media.
We provide our team members with constructive feedback to foster their career growth, and you will have many opportunities to work with fun and talented people. We have an open and inclusive culture where we embrace opportunities to do better and we celebrate achievements wildly. We also offer competitive salaries and a heap of benefits, like volunteering leave, eye wear allowance, free fruit, free flu shots and great social events.
If you are interested in joining this dynamic organisation in a key role, then please apply now.
Check us out:
The Isentia story
If media matters to you, our Isentia blog is a must read.