Senior Software Engineer
Isentia is the Asia-Pacific region's leading media intelligence company, providing over 6,000 clients with information and insights 24/7/365 across traditional and new media. Isentia has more than 1,400 employees across 15 countries filtering information from over 10,000 print, radio and television media outlets and over 250 million online conversations per month. Our talented people, innovative technology, comprehensive coverage and expert research provides the tools and insight to allow our clients to manage media relationships effectively, track and analyse issues of interest across all media, and discover and share valuable insights that drive smarter decisions.
- Build and deploy restful services
- Design overall architecture of the web applications
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features
- Maintain code integrity and organisation
- Convert designs into pixel perfect reusable visual components
- Bachelors (or higher) degree in computer science/engineering or related field
- Good knowledge of Software Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in software development of major applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellence in visual communication using modelling languages such as UML Diagrams, Data flow diagrams, etc. and Flowcharts using tools like Microsoft Visio and Gliffy
- A very strong background in software development with ability to code at some level and knowledge of APIs, REST/SOAP, design patterns, and client-side SDKs
- A strong background in test-driven development and/or behaviour-driven development; plus he or she should be a strong advocate of test-first approach
- Ability to create pixel-perfect and highly-aesthetic UI components from scratch and or a PSD design
- Previous experience with AWS particularly Amazon EC2, AWS Beanstalk and Amazon S3 is desirable
At Isentia we look for people who have the drive and passion, who are progressive and enjoy working in a team environment - and we love a sense of humor!
If you are interested in this role, then please send in your resume together with your salary expectation and notice period to Carrie.Lim@isentia.com now! We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.