We are looking for an Database Administrator to join the Isentia IT team.
The Database Administrator is responsible for a number of key Database operations functions within the Infrastructure & Cloud Services team to ensure the delivery of business critical IT services. The role will be responsible for ensuring the stability and availability of services utilised by Isentia and its clients, as well as collaborating with key business stakeholders to continuously improve the current IT delivery across the company.
It‘s a really great time to join our IT team, with a leadership team focussed on transforming our IT delivery and several exciting projects to embark on. You will have a real opportunity to work on challenging projects and make a big difference to our teams and clients.
Here’s some more information about this opportunity and who it will be a great fit for
We are looking for an experienced Database Administrator and this person should have hands-on experience in DBA operations.
- Maintain Isentia databases and database SQL Servers.
- Administration of database-centric technologies such as DTS, Full text indexing, OLAP, Replication etc.
- SQL reporting (TSQL)
- Planning and implementing software updates/upgrades (i.e. Service Packs)
- Monitoring status of SQL Server i.e. Disk space, error/security logs, locking/blocking of processes, status/history of jobs
- Performance tuning i.e. memory usage, file groups, Indexes, SQL statements, de-normalisation and ensuring data integrity
- Liaise with Isentia IT Development covering all areas Database Design including designing and enforcing database design standards etc
- Build/ Accept database system specifications for assigned projects
- SQL Server activity analysis, performance investigation and optimisation.
- SQL Server DR management and Planning
- SQL Server clusters
- SQL Query optimisation.
- OLAP, Full text indexing, Replication
- Experience working with Very Large high transaction DB’s
- High skills with T-SQL
- Working with LAN, WAN and Internet connected databases
- Operational DBA for MS SQL, MYSQL and MongoDB
- Experience working with AWS Database technologies (RDS, Aurora, Dynamo DB)
- Experience working with Database monitoring and CI/CD tools (Redgate, Jenkins, PRTG, Check_MK, Datadog)