- People Leadership and management role
- Lead and grow multiple engineering squads
- Promote high-performance engineer culture
- Drive delivery and influence technology strategy
We are now looking for an Engineering Manager to join our technology team. The Engineering Manager is the role at Isentia which leads several high-performing engineering squads and delivers software applications and platforms in a fast-paced environment. You will lead a team of software engineers, data engineers and Technical Leads and help them to achieve their goals and deliver business outcomes.
As a successful Engineering Manager what will you do?
- Lead 2-3 high performing engineering squads each with 4-6 members
- Develop leadership and technical capabilities of engineers in your team
- Manage delivery of multiple projects in partnership with Product teams
- Coach engineering squads to improve improving quality and delivery
- Work closely with squad leads to implement latest best-practices
- Create a culture of operational excellence - you build it you run it
- Partner with architects to introduce new patterns and technologies
- Continuously looking to improve our delivery process and quality
- Experience building and leading engineering teams (6-12 engineers) in a fast-paced environment
- Experience leading delivery using an agile approach preferably squad and tribe model
- Experience with real-world microservices architecture and/or real-time data processing pipelines
- Good exposure to various AWS services including but not limited to DynamoDB, EC2, Lambda.
- Understanding of continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) principals is highly desirable
- Desirable experience with containers( Kubernetese & Docker), or big data frameworks (Storm & Spark) desirable
More about you:
- You are a technical lead looking to step up or engineering manager interested in a more challenging opportunity
- You enjoy leading and managing high-performing teams and you love to bring best out of engineers
- You challenge your team and individuals on your team directly and you care each about them personally
- You are very comfortable with people management and if needed you can get your hands dirty by writing real code
- You build trust with your team, consider yourself a continuous learner, and you follow the tenets of servant leadership
Our engineers are curious, self-starter, continuous learner and progressive in nature. We work on a range of hardcore engineering problems - mostly multi-disciplinary and polyglot in nature and some of these are:
- growing micro-services ecosystem by breaking down the legacy monolith
- ensuring the reliability of our high-throughput real-time data pipelines
- applying Natural Language Processing for creating market-first products
- stretching the limits of machine learning to solve our complex problems
- continuous delivery, DevOps, and DataOps in a multi-cloud environment
We use the latest and best-of-breed technologies and we stay ahead of the technology curve. For instance, we have been running our production workload on Kubernetes since December 2016. We organise regular ShipIT days where our engineers build on new ideas and take them to production in less than 48 Hrs. Last but not least, we deploy our micro-services and application multiple times a day.
We promote flexible working which enables you to balance your work and home life. Most importantly, we care about your development and career goals. We offer competitive salaries and benefits like discounted private health insurance, fruit at work, free flu shots and great social events.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated at providing a working environment which embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application.
If you are interested in joining this dynamic organisation in a key role, then please apply now.